Monday 29 March 2010

Collage script for Imovie and SLR Reflection

Collage script for Imovie:

This is my collage, showing the timeline of the conflicts and achievements the lost boys have been through their life. My six-word is “Despair, struggling alone. Is there hope?” The six-word memoir I wanted to express was the sufferings that lost boys have been through and the hope they got when they were migrating to America from the refugee camp at Kenya. I have used images of civil war that occurred between north and south Sudan, and by this conflict there is an image of death and people suffering. For this picture I have included the word ‘Death and Despair’ because this moment was the most suffering time that the lost boys have faced and so as the Sudanese people. Also, this picture was included to express the empathy for the lost boys.The country shape of Sudan’s picture is placed in my collage showing their forced migration to Kenya. The word “Struggling” I have included next to the forced migration sign was to demonstrate the struggling the lost boys have faced overcoming the death from getting caught by a lion and the army of North Sudanese. I have also included a picture of their daily life in Sudan before moving to Kenya. There are pictures of Sudanese gathered around and dancing with their community and mostly farming. Also, there’s a picture of an old man suffering from hunger, and dying from hunger as well. This picture was to portray in my collage to show that they were struggling even before civil war began. The arrow pointing toward the plane shows the lost boy’s migration to America, and as they were in the plane they felt they were going to heaven, therefore it gave them a hope to start a new life. The voice text “Is there hope” was in the lost boy’s mind when they were migrating to America, because for them everything was going to be brand new. Therefore, I have placed a flower and the sunshine picture to symbolize the meaning of hope. This part of my collage is very significant because achieving hope can actually lead you into totally different direction from losing hope. As the plane faces down to the down right hand corner, and it was pointing to the direction where they were migrating to. America. There is an American flag to show they have been migrated to America, and also to represent their daily life, suffering, and the achievements they made (around the flag.) The voice text ‘alone ‘was to express the feelings the lost boys have felt during their live hood in America. The lost boys were feeling left out, alone, and depressed because they were away from their home country. It was also hard for them to assimilate to a new culture when all the people around them were Americans. At the top right hand corner, there are symbols and pictures that are demonstrated to give a message to the audience to take an action in order to help the lost boys get hope. It is the peace sign and money. So take an action if you want to help them find hope, and remember achieving hope leads you into a totally different direction from losing hope!



SLR Reflection.

Think Creatively:

I have used different types of technique in order to show the meaning of my collage informing how pitiful the people are surviving in Sudan. I have used thick texture to express my six-word memoir, which was despair, suffering alone, is there hope? Moreover, I included a picture of Sudan’s flag and America’s flag to show their migrations. The other pictures showing lots of death and lost boys of famine are included to create empathy for the audience.

Reason Critically


I have used voice in my collage to show the lost boys’ characterization and the lifestyle they have been through. The voice texts are my six word memoir, because death and hope portrays a clear image of lost boys’ characterization which is brave. It is because even though it was hard for them to face their family and friend’s death by themselves they still got a hope to live a better life by overcoming fears at the end. Moreover, the symbols of hope such as heaven and sunshine were the thought they had before they started their new life at America.

Communicate effectively

The people who were suffering and overcoming death and hunger, I have used this picture to inform the awareness of the lost boys tragic and sufferings. Also I have shown the Sudanese people are still in danger in aspects by cutting the outline of the picture wavy (to show they are struggling.)

Live ethically

In the collage I have represented pictures and my six word memoir to express empathy for the lost boys and by this pictures and the voice text I have included shows the serious conflict in Sudan. Therefore I think by looking at my collage it will help the peoples mind to take an action in order to help lost boys find hope. Also I have putted peace signs and to donate money for the audience to start taking an action as they feel empathy for the lost boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment